Sting ’em with the 17 Hornet
Based on the 22 Hornet cartridge case, the 17 Hornet propels the 20 gr V-MAX at 3,650 fps. Fueled with Superformance propellent, the 17 Hornet Superformance Varmint is economically priced, and delivers the trajectory of a traditional 55 gr 223 load, but is a pleasure to shoot with the felt recoil of a 22 WMR. The 17 Hornet – an economical, fun .17 caliber centerfire cartridge that puts the STING on varmints out to 300 yards!
- 3,650 fps muzzle velocity with a 20 gr. V-MAX bullet
- Same C.O.L. as the 22 Hornet – uses the existing action
- Trajectory comparable to a traditional 55 gr 223 Rem, but the felt recoil of a 22 WMR
- Less fouling, barrel wear, powder and pressure compared to the 17 Rem
- Lower cost and comparable quality to the 17 Fireball and 223 Rem